Monday, May 30, 2005

ba-o (turtle)

sometimes i wish life would simply be like "taking a cruise to nowhere", but it's not. there are destinations to envision and journeys to take.

a friend of mine and I were having a conversation on women and relationships. we were exchanging views about the topic. my friend was a bit younger than me but he almost had a wider perspective than me when it comes to that stuff. (he must have read all those Joshua Harris' stuff..hehehe!)

we were then talking bout our experiences and the lessons we learned in the areas of relationship. i was laughing when he compared me to a turtle, and so i ask him why. he said, like a turtle who gets its head out of its shell then if something goes wrong it hides back, out then back, out then back, i decide on something yet when fear holds me back i easily retreat to my shell.. i lack the discipline and determination. and he was right...i was silenced.

i keep on telling myself to enjoy the journey and i tell others as well yet i failed to live up to that ideal. i have told myself many many times to have desire, decision, discipline and determination to pursue what God has put in my heart, but after all that's been said and done, there's far more said than done.

admittedly, i am like a turtle in some areas of my life, especially in relationships. i am still keeping those shells that i could comfortably run to when fear and doubt arises. my friend suggested to crush those shells so that i would have no other option but to trust God and move forward persistently towards that destination...

it makes me laugh when my friend calls me "turtle" in his Cebuano lingo..."ba-o!!!", i asked him to shout that word on my face everytime he notices that i am again exhibiting that attitude...i need to be constantly reminded.. hehehe! "ba-o!" Bisaya kaayo bai! hehehe! pero this one helps!

now i know where im weak at, God simply needs a turtle and a friend (who is not a turtle, hehehe!)to teach me those lessons. let's see what progress will i make in the coming days...

No comments: