Monday, May 23, 2005

letters from a young missionary II

Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 03:52:05 +0100 (BST)

Pare Gud morning,

Last night God reminded me that I did not came here for my own authority. I am sent by my Church and my success here depends on the covering of my Church.

I felt so lonely here because I cannot speak thai language, and have no friends yet. Recently I bought a bicycle as means of transportation to familiarize the place.

Thailand is very different from us, but its much the same as Japan.
I told you in my other email that Chiangmai is very strategic bcos its the pivotal road for China, Cambodia, Laos and Burma.

The engine of economy here is tourism.( To a Filipino who is seking for greener pasture without a doubt this is a land of opportunity for Him.) Para sako this land is for the harvest of soul. The harvest is truly plenteous here but anyway please guide me here sometimes Im confused.

I considered Pastor Jeph's (my receiving) ministry as very blessed. He seems to have the resources, he has many contacts and support from western people. (kining ako tagna-tagna lang sa kay maulaw ko mangutana) but anyway he told me that he has foreign supporter. I think God is good to him because of his faithfulness.

But I believe, Filipinos in Cagayan can support my initial work here. Ang problema lang diri ang first one year because of the learning of the language. There are many Filipinos here (ACM graduates who can offers help) they are also very successful in establishing churches here.

Anyway its too early to say!! But I think faith plus vision makes all the differences.


In Christ Service

Lloyd

No comments: