Friday, February 11, 2005

slow starter

i intentionally woke up at 3 a.m. to write my case analysis, and i did. the alarm clock rang and i get out of bed. so quiet, u could even hear a needle drop. i said my morning prayer of thanksgiving to God for the new day, new challenges, and new opportunities. this is my 4th or maybe 5th attempt to do my case analysis during this time of the day. and much like my previous attempts, it was futile. as i took my pen and piece of paper to write the outline of my analysis, nothing seem to come out of my brain. my precious brain doesnt seem to cooperate, it wont work, despite how much i wanted to get it started. after a while, i found myself in dreamland!


"pareto principle"
after recalling this (20/80 principle), i realized that my productive hours starts at 8 in the morning till noon then slows down and starts to activate late at night. i just cant force my brain to work beyond those hours or more than 20 percent of my day which gives me 80 percent of my output. so in order to have my case analysis ready by 6 pm today i have to take a half-day off in the morning and true enough i was able to write my case analysis.

"today matters" my attitude today has helped me achieved my goals for the day. although i had difficulties in writing my case analysis because i wasnt able to join our group discussion but at the end of the day, i still learned my lesson...."prioritize or agonize"...

No comments: